January 31, 2012

Dancing,Talking Loud & Drinking Themselves Beautiful

I sit & watch people
as I spin records
& try to figure out whats going thru their minds

Not that I really care to know
but it sure as hell helps to pass the time away
in any situation
if you ask me

You'll have Dudes huddled up
jockin' Chicks from across the bar
           who know they're being jocked
& play the game of
Buy-Me-A-Drink-And-I'll-Pay-You-Some-Attention
cause TONIGHT.!
They Have Baby Sitters.!

You'll have the older Cats
who are Super Drunk
but can handle their business
& only talk to the bartenders
& tend to keep to themselves

They drink their drink
& occasionally look up at me
saying
what the fuck is this guy playing
with bloodshot eyes & weathered smirks

Some don't even drink
They came in just to Dance & pass the time away
play some pool
       or maybe eat something

And I'll keep spinning records
for the People
          & the People will continue on
with their night out

Dancing,
Talking Loud,
Drinking Themselves
              Or Others Beautiful

And as the time passes
One of the Guys comes up
to ask me of a favor
witch is usually
if I can play a song for him
& some Girl he still hasn't even went  up & talked to yet.








No comments:

Post a Comment